Education, Certifications & Affiliations
- University of New Orleans, Louisiana, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1999
- University of New Orleans, Louisiana, Masters of Science in Accounting, 2000
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Louisiana
- Continuing Professional Education of at least 40 to 60 hours per year as a Certified Public Accountant
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- President-New Orleans Chapter Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
Significant Career Experience
Ms. Morel has over 15 years of experience in public accounting working in various industries. Primary responsibilities at Wegmann Dazet have been in the Audit and Accounting Department where she serves in the position of Manager II. Her years of audit and accounting experience have been concentrated in the following areas:
- Extensive audit and accounting experience in a wide range of industries including Not for Profit, Privately held businesses, and Governmental entities.
- Pension, ERISA and 401(k) audits
- Internal controls auditing, analysis and development
- Agreed Upon Procedures and Examination Audits related to Cooperative Endeavor Agreements issued by the State of Louisiana and the Louisiana Economic Development department.