Education, Certifications & Affiliations
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, December 1983
- Certified Public Accountant, Licensed in the states of Louisiana and Mississippi
- Continuing Professional Education 40 to 60 hours per year as a Certified Public Accountant
- Member-American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member-Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
Significant Career Experience
Jon’s approach to client service is at a personal level with all his clients: privately owned business owners, their CFO’s, Controllers, and staff. His vision is to help their businesses survive and grow in today’s constantly changing business climate by gaining an intimate knowledge of the company, its operations and its leadership.
His view is ground level and high level, focusing in diverse client needs including tax savings strategies, work force development, banking and financing, cost cutting, accounting controls, expansion options and finally creating the succession plan with the next generation, key employee or outright sale of the business. “Walking in my client’s shoes” is Jon’s way to truly understand client daily business challenges and using that knowledge to help solve their burning issues.
“This part of the accounting professional makes my job truly enjoyable”, says Jon. “I am not one who likes to stay in the office but prefers to be at my client’s office or meeting with them face to face. I believe face to face meetings allows me to see the true nature of each client.
In his 30+ years’ experience, Jon has covered a broad base of different industries including Construction, Real Estate, Wholesale, Retail, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Telecom. Each unique industry presents opportunities to find new and innovative ways to create tax savings and financial planning opportunities. “Finding those opportunities is the reward for myself and my clients,” in Jon’s view of service.
Jon’s experience has been concentrated in the following areas:
- Tax planning for closely held businesses and their owners
- Business entity selection planning for closely held businesses
- Representation of individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and Estates before the Internal Revenue Service Audit and Appeals Division
- Industry experience in hospitality, wholesale distributors, professional, construction, real estate, retail, insurance and various other service industries
- Ongoing management and financial advisory services for clients and providing solutions to business problems
- Development of business financing needs and preparation of loan packages for existing and start-up businesses
- Retirement and estate planning
- International tax planning for U.S. exporters and U.S. businesses and employees doing business in foreign countries or territories
- Develop and teach in-house training programs for Wegmann Dazet & Company employees
- Cost segregation studies to assist in accelerating depreciation expense on building construction cost or purchase